Thank you for visiting the site for the 2011 Regional Literary Conference hosted by Mills College. Below is information you will need to know about the 2011 conference, submitting your paper for consideration, as well as details and specifics about the conference. We look forward to this unique and exciting event and hope to see you there!
The conference will be held on Friday, March 4, 2011, at Mills College and will be open to students who are pursuing Masters Degrees. (Both M.A. and M.F.A.)
Mills College is located at 5000 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland, CA 94613, and can be accessed via the web at www.mills.edu.
Times, specific campus locations and panel schedules will be updated when confirmed, so please check back with us! All panels will be open to the general public.
Some of the paper topics we hope to see explored include, but are not limited to:
- Body as tool, token and industry in literature
- Fascination with the socio-economic: Interaction and exploitation across the class divide
- Immigrant Economies
- Economies of National Identity
- Sexual exchange and the value of virtue
- Impact Capitalism: Science, medicine and technology
- Rise of the woman entrepreneur
- The novel as currency
- Psychoanalytic theories in literature
- Epistemological concerns: the economics of education and teaching.
Alternative topics are also accepted under the “Economies of Desire” theme. The aforementioned serve simply as a guide for potential panels.
Submission of Papers and Abstracts
To submit an abstract for consideration, please email it in .doc or .pdf form to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the interest of saving paper, we will not be accepting hardcopy submissions for this conference. Please limit your abstract to 500 words or less.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 3, 2011 at 5pm PST.
For additional information or to submit questions, please email email@example.com.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment